Benefits as a Student
Receive awesome Member only benefits!
Lifetime Access 100% FREE
EARN REWARDS while you learn
Network with other students and experts
* Students may use the Platform either as VISITORS, or join the Community within the Platform as MEMBERS.
Why join the Community?
The One Zoo Tree Platform is the most comprehensive career preparation tool available, focusing currently on careers working with animals.
If you want to work with animals, then the community will assist you in choosing a career as well as in planning and preparing for it.
What are the Benefits for STUDENTS?
Visitors (children still in school as well as students currently or planning to study further through online courses, colleges, or universities) can use the basic career information for FREE, without registering as a member of the community.
Those who want to learn more, make friends with other students around the world, and interact with tertiary institutions as well as animal organisations need to register to use the full platform.
YES! Joining the community is also 100% FREE.
START your basic career search now, or register as a member to JOIN us!
Registration as a Student is FREE
Benefits for MEMBERS only
Register and create your own personalized Profile.
When you register as a member, you can create your own Profile.
What does your Profile offer you?
- Personalise your profile with an avatar and background image
- Show or hide your information.
- Post daily updates on what you are doing
- See your daily activities within the community, including rewards
- A checklist helps you plan your path from career choice to preparation
- Make new friends
- Message your friends
The community is protected by various levels of security.
Students need to supply only the basic information when registering:
- Different levels of authentication during registration, or use social media profiles that will be verified and background checked
- Choice of choosing a username instead of real name
- Avatars can be used instead of real photos
- Profiles can be made public or private
- Address is NOT required, only Country with the OPTION of including city/town.
- Rules prohibit students from supplying unnecessary personal info
Don’t want to add or share a real photo as an avatar?
Here is a link to an online app where you can easily create your own cartoon Avatar. When you are done, save it to your PC, and then upload it on OZT to your new Profile.
Join Groups to network, learn and access information
Students may join Groups corresponding to the following:
- Careers they are interested in. Each Career has its own Group
- Animals they want to work with. Groups where you can learn about the animals
- Tertiary institutions with good courses Join the Group of the college or university you plan to study at to learn more about what they offer
- Animal organisations have important volunteer opportunities for you!
This means that you may belong to several Groups as you progress on your career preparation path.
What do the Groups offer you?
- Make new friends and learn about their countries and how they work with their animals
- Discuss things by creating or replying to thousands of member-generated Topics in the Group Forums
- A content area with free documents to download
- Free links to online articles, videos and images
- A link to all the Short Courses offered by OZT to help you learn and prepare
Complete Short Courses to help you learn and prepare
We have created hundreds of short courses to help you gain much-needed knowledge to bridge the gap between high school and further studies or to start your animal-related business. They also teach you which career skills are required, as well as facts about the animals you can work with.
There are a lot of special short courses where you may learn things such as surviving in the wilderness and the basic controls of flying a helicopter.
Most of the OZT Courses are FREE!
Access Free Resources
Students can access the free career resources to help in choosing and preparing for a Career. These resources include:
- Links to future Events held by Tertiary Institutions, Schools and Animal Organisations
- A list of Bursaries
- A Job Board with the latest vacancies, including volunteer opportunities and Internships
Rules and User Policy
The One Zoo Tree Platform makes use of community software to allow members to create their own profiles, join Groups and communicate with each other directly via an onboard messaging system.
As international law places restrictions on the age of users without adult consent, the platform has made the MEMBERSHIP part available for students aged 14 and up.
Parents take FULL responsibility for supervising members 13 and younger. All students will be required to read and agree to a strict USER POLICY.
We have a very strict USER POLICY and set of operating RULES. These documents, together with operational GUIDES can be found in the MAIN MENU, as well as within the FOOTER towards the bottom of all pages.
If you want to join OZT as a member, you are forced by law to read through the USER POLICY, and agree to it’s terms when registering. Any violation of the USER POLICY and RULES will lead to immediate account termination. This will never be negotiable, as we value the safety of our users more than the platform itself!
A quick scan through the User Guide within the Member Portal will help you know how to use the different elements of the platform.
START your basic career search now, or Register as a Member to join us TODAY!
* Membership remains entirely FREE for as long as you remain a member.
If your subscription is not renewed, the media and content you added or supplied will still remain to ensure students get the most out of the Platform. Non-subscription will only delete your profile and ALL of your private details.
Frequently Asked Questions
All levels of Membership tacitly or automatically renew after 12 months. Membership can be terminated or closed by following the prompts under the MANAGE tab in your profile.
We have a strict security policy, which includes locking accounts when we detect a possible breach attempt. Multiple wrong login attempts will cause an account lock, so if you have forgotten your password, rather ask for a new one under the LOGIN page.