We help you choose your dream career in farming and livestock management
Which careers deal with farming and livestock management?
There are several careers in which individuals own and manage a business where they farm specific kinds of animals, or livestock.
The following kinds of careers are included in this category:
- Caring for the health of farm animals
- Production of animal feed
- Production of animal products for human consumption
- Education of farming and livestock
- Technical and Advisory skills in working with livestock
- Supplying a service to farmers
- Using media to promote farming and livestock
A farm is generally a place where the livestock is bred, raised and then used or sold for financial gain. Although livestock refers mostly to animals such as cattle and poultry, people do farm with fish as well.
It is estimated that there are more than 570 million farms in the world. Most of these farms are run by families. These small scale family farms together produce more than 33% of the world’s food.
What can I Learn from each Career?
In-depth knowledge of a specific career is extremely important. Understanding everything about a career, like what will you be doing every day, what are the difficulties you might face, and what do I need to do to prepare for such a career, will all help you to decide on the BEST career for you.
Each career includes information to help you with the following questions:
- What is the career about
- What are the daily tasks?
- Where will I be able to work?
- Which skills are important?
- What subjects do I need at School?
- Where can I study for this career?
- Which animals will I work with?
- How can I prepare for the career while still in school?
- Where can I volunteer for experience?
List of sub-categories to choose from
Click on the name of the sub-category to link to the specific list of careers.